International competence in welding

History

Our Company History

 

Learn more about our company. Below, you will find the most important events in our company history:

2014 – Expansion of our furnace capacities

In 2014, our previous oven capacities were expanded by over 40% with the commissioning of another highly modern furnace.

2013 – New construction and relocation to Leopoldshoehe

New construction of production and management facilities in Leopoldshöhe (Asemissen Industrial Park). Our production facilities were expanded from 1100 to 1800 m2 and our management offices were expanded from 400 to 800 m2. In October, we relocated to Westring 48-50 in 33818 Leopoldshoehe.

2009 – 50 Year Anniversary

We celebrated the 50 year anniversary of the capilla® company.

2008 – Certification in accordance with DIN EN 9001/2008

We were certified in accordance with DIN EN 9001/2008

2007 – Foundation of a subsidiary in Italy

A subsidiary of the company was founded in Italy

2003 – Certification in accordance with DIN EN 9001/2000

We were certified in accordance with DIN EN 9001/2000

2002 – Death of the company founder

In December 2002, Rolf Sewing, the founder of capilla® Schweißmaterialien GmbH, passed away.

2001 – Change to GmbH

The capilla® company changes from a sole proprietorship to capilla® Schweißmaterialien GmbH  (a limited company). With this, the existence of the company is guaranteed for the future.

2000 – Expansion of the laboratory

We expanded our laboratory and installed a new spectral analysis machine. This allows us to analyze the chemical compositions of welded materials even more quickly and much more precisely; our machine is also available for the testing of client materials. The dimensions of the sample table allow analyses of materials with a thickness of up to 80 mm.

1998 – Staff reinforcement

New staff are employed in the technical department and a new product range is developed. The technology department is reinforced. In particular, technical managers are reorganized and at the same time, a number of employees are recruited for different territories. Special electrodes for corrosion-resistant and heat-resistant stainless-steel casting are successfully introduced into the product range.

1996 – Certification in accordance with DIN EN 9001

We are certified in accordance with DIN EN 9001 by TÜV-CERT. Our already comprehensive quality assurance is adjusted to the standards of DIN EN 9001, laid down in writing in a quality manual and spread to all departments belonging to capilla®.

1996 – Expansion of the production facilities

We expanded our production facilities, with the simultaneous construction of a second electrode production machine. As well as this, specific, customized special electrodes for coating hot working tools and electrodes for high-alloy corrosion-resistant steels are now included in the product range. The corresponding approvals from TÜV and DB are issued with the Ü symbol.

1978 – New construction of the plant at Lübberbrede

New construction of the plant at Lübberbrede 11, also in Bielefeld. Increased demand for high-quality welding filler materials from capilla® makes a new construction of facilities unavoidable. The customer base in the forging industry had also expanded significantly at this point. As a result, the establishment of a new, larger production plant was necessary. Highly-modern production methods, combined with the continuous improvement of the quality of our products and the expansion of our product range enables capilla® to supply to partners working in challenging conditions across the world at top speed.

1966 – Beginning of production

We begin producing welding electrodes on our own production line. This had become a pressing issue. By taking this measure, we could continue to supply our customer base in the warm forming sector with new products within the space of a day.

1959 – Foundation of the company

The capilla® company is founded as a trading company in Bielefeld. For the most part, our customers were in the building industry and established in the mining sector.

Back to Top